Friday, May 23, 2008

Books vs. Movies

I haven't read a book in a while. With kids, work, husband and other responsibilities I haven't taken the time to actually sit down and read in quite some years. My friend Lauren recommended a book that she was reading so I decided it was time to do it. I headed over to the library and got P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern. I loved the book! I totally recommend it to anyone unless ... you want to see the movie.

I have been told that the movies aren't nearly as good as the books they are made from, so I knew it wouldn't be perfect, but I wasn't ready for what I saw. It was incredibly awful!! Now I am sure the movie could be fine on it's own so I'll have to get an unbiased opinion (someone who hasn't read the book) to see if it was good and I just was expecting something totally different or not. But, they changed EVERYTHING!! During the whole movie I just kept saying "that's not the way it should be", and after it was over I just had to shake my head.

So I guess from now on when I read a book I will just have to skip the movie : )

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh, man! I was REALLY looking forward to that movie because the book was SO good. I guess I'll just have to see it for what it is. Disappointing that they can't make it just like the book. Isnt that the whole point when you make a movie from a best-selling book anyway?? Sheesh!

Hope you had fun at the beach!