Saturday, September 6, 2008

We are going to see fish!!

Mike called yesterday afternoon because Hurricane Hanna had cancelled their plans for the evening and had read that the Baltimore Aquarium had just started their discounted admission after 5PM on Fridays. Since the hurricane had also put our plans on hold for a few days we were free and it sounded like a good night to me. My girls haven't been to the aquarium yet and I haven't been in about 10 years so I was excited to see it again. They were excited as well and kept saying "We are going to see fish!!" So we all packed into their car and headed downtown!

We were going to try to catch the dolphin show and the last one was at 6:30. We arrived at the ticket counter at about 6:15 and got in line for tickets. Just then a lady came up behind me and said that she had 4 extra tickets and wanted to know if we wanted them. I told her firmly that I would much rather purchase my tickets myself than take free ones offered to me, NOT! Wow, what a blessing!! They did not include the dolphin show but they told us that if we were in time we could purchase tickets for that on the second floor. So we had Mike jog up there ahead of us to make sure we could get them : ) Poor Mike! He was successful though and we were in! The girls really like the dolphin show!!








After the show we walked through the the first three floors of the aquarium and then we headed down for the 4-D Immersion Theater Show. I wasn't totally sure what 4-D was, but when we walked in the door they were showing a preview for The Polar Express that is coming soon and it was snowing in the theater! Whoa, now my interest was really peaked! It was really cool with water splashing in your face when the fish jumped in the water (the kids didn't like that part : ), bubbles when the scene was underwater, ticklers on your legs when the snakes were on the screen. So neat, I would definitely do it again!

We finished the last floor and the rain forest and then headed home. I think it was a good time had by all! And thanks to the kindness of strangers a really affordable night out!

No comments: